Press release from PR Newswire
New 4G LTE cell sites help Alameda County, California residents and visitors make more calls, download more apps and stay connected
Friday, December 27, 2013
New 4G LTE cell sites help Alameda County, California residents and visitors make more calls, download more apps and stay connected11:00 EST Friday, December 27, 2013
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in Alameda County thanks to new 4G LTE cell sites in Alameda, Berkeley, Fremont, Oakland and Pleasanton. The sites improve wireless coverage and capacity in the following areas:
- Alameda: Along Foothill Boulevard, Shoreline Drive, Willow Street and 9th Street
- Berkeley: Along Solano Avenue, Cedar Street, Hopkins Street, 8th Street, Broadway Terrace, Contra Costa Road, Moraga Avenue, and College Avenue
- Fremont: Along Auto Mall Parkway, Highway 880, Highway 262, S. Grimmer Boulevard and Highway 680
- Oakland: Along MacArthur Boulevard, Grand Avenue, 27th Street, Adams Street and Telegraph Avenue
- Pleasanton: Along Vineyard Avenue, Isabel Avenue and Stanley Boulevard
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.8 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $80 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks. The company serves 101.2 million retail customers, including 95.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 72,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
For further information: Heidi Flato, Verizon Wireless, +1-925-279-6545, Heidi.Flato@verizonwireless.com