Press release from PR Newswire
Vimeo Rolls Out Redesigned Vimeo On Demand Experience for Enhanced Discovery
Monday, March 10, 2014
Vimeo Rolls Out Redesigned Vimeo On Demand Experience for Enhanced Discovery10:00 EDT Monday, March 10, 2014
Newly Created Film Collections Launch with Oscilloscope Laboratories, Patagonia, Slamdance and Vimeo SXSW Favorites
AUSTIN, Texas, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of its direct distribution platform's one-year anniversary, Vimeo today introduced a completely redesigned Vimeo On Demand experience. With a new Vimeo On Demand storefront as the foundation, Vimeo has added themed groups of titles ? called collections ? that enable viewers to discover new content in film bundles. The redesigned Vimeo On Demand also features newly curated genres to help surface titles distributed by Vimeo creators.
"Over the past year, we've been amazed by creators' interest in Vimeo On Demand, and by their willingness to grow with our platform," said Dae Mellencamp, President, Vimeo. "We want to continue to empower creators by making sure that as many people as possible see their extraordinary work."
Highlights of the new Vimeo On Demand include:
- Improved Navigation: New Vimeo On Demand-specific navigation enables viewers to quickly discover thousands of titles with drop-down menus that highlight film collections and 18 curated genre pages.
- My Library: Viewers now have their own destination that provides one-click access to rented, purchased, and previously watched titles.
- Dynamic Title Cards: Viewers can browse titles using dynamic cards that reveal posters descriptions, and trailers ? and then purchase directly from the trailer.
As part of the re-launch, Vimeo has developed four premium collections that showcase the varied independent content available through Vimeo On Demand.
- Oscilloscope Laboratories: Oscilloscope Laboratories is a film distribution company founded by Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys. Oscilloscope's eclectic, acclaimed slate has garnered six Academy nominations in as many years. The collection for Vimeo On Demand includes 12 O'Clock Boys; A Teacher; After Tiller; Dark Days; It's a Disaster; Our Day Will Come; The Messenger; These Birds Walk; and We Need to Talk About Kevin.
- Patagonia Selects: Vimeo On Demand will feature a selection of social impact films curated by Patagonia, including the upcoming DamNation; Fall and Winter; Groundswell; North of the Sun; Snows of the Nile; Slow is Fast; The Fruit Hunters; Trashed; and Village at the End of the World. Today, the Vimeo Theater at SXSW will host the world premiere of Patagonia Film's new feature, DamNation.
- Slamdance: In celebration of its 20th anniversary, indie film festival Slamdance has partnered with Vimeo to release a collection of 20 Slamdance films that made their world premiere at the festival over the last two decades. The films will be available for exclusive digital distribution on Vimeo On Demand throughout 2014. The collection begins with: Bindlestiffs; Hybrid; OK, Good; The Dirties and Wild in the Streets.
- Vimeo SXSW Favorites: This Vimeo-curated list includes staff favorites from SXSW Film Festivals of years past. From dark comedies to documentaries of fascinating subcultures, these films run a brilliant gamut of substance and style, including: $cellebrity; A Teacher; Beauty Is Embarrassing; Broadway Idiot; Hunky Dory; It's Such a Beautiful Day; Medora; Some Girls; Sound City; Spark; and The Source Family.
Since its initial release, Vimeo On Demand has grown its catalog to over 6,000 films across a wide range of genres, from documentary to animation to action sports. For more information regarding Vimeo On Demand, please visit https://vimeo.com/ondemand.
Vimeo® is the high-quality video platform for creators and their audiences. Vimeo's mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, share and discover videos. Vimeo has over 22M registered members and reaches a global monthly audience of more than 149M. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
For further information: Jessica Casano-Antonellis, Jessica@vimeo.com, 212-524-7164