Press release from PR Newswire
Northrop Grumman Employees Honored by The Engineers' Council
Friday, April 04, 2014
Northrop Grumman Employees Honored by The Engineers' Council08:30 EDT Friday, April 04, 2014
LOS ANGELES, April 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Engineers' Council recognized Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) employees for their notable engineering contributions during the organization's 59th annual honors and awards banquet during National Engineers Week.
Based in California's San Fernando Valley, The Engineers' Council is an independent, nonprofit group dedicated to advancing the art and science of engineering.
This year, the organization honored Northrop Grumman's Louie Chavez with the Jack Northrop Spirit of Aviation Award. The award honors individual technical contributions that inspire innovation and advance the progress of the aerospace industry.
Additionally, Northrop Grumman's Don Wilkes was awarded the Engineer of the Year Award for his exceptional leadership of the B?2 Spirit bomber program.
"Since its founding more than 70 years ago, Northrop Grumman has been dedicated to innovation, from our earliest aircraft to the systems that will serve our nation and our allies far into the future," said Peggy Nelson, sector vice president, engineering and global product development, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. "We are very grateful for the recognition of The Engineers' Council, and we find it fitting that the spirit of innovation sparked by Jack Northrop so long ago lives on in this award, its annual recipients and our industry."
"Engineers form the foundation of not only our company but also our society, making positive contributions that improve lives on a daily basis," said Steve Toner, vice president, western region engineering and logistics, Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems. "Our outstanding employees who were honored by The Engineers' Council have displayed incredible innovation and dedication, and we couldn't be prouder of their efforts."
The Engineers' Council also honored Northrop Grumman employees with awards for engineering achievements. Brett Kozma received the Outstanding Engineering Achievement Merit Award for leadership and technical achievement in the design, analysis, improvement and product delivery of inertial navigation sensors and systems.
Employees receiving Distinguished Engineering Achievement Awards included the following:
- Christine Geosling for the design, development and innovation of gyroscopes and instruments critical to the space industry;
- Karen Sindir for achievements in the field of materials and process engineering, and in the development of critical unique methodologies for specialty gas production, leak detection and residual gas analysis;
- Thomas Strasser for innovative propulsion designs that have been key to the development of unique aircraft configurations and have provided unequaled system-level capabilities; and
- Linn Zien for achievements in the field of pointing, location and navigation systems, leading to enhanced capabilities and improved accuracy in demanding environments.
Additionally, the following Northrop Grumman-led teams were honored with Distinguished Engineering Project Achievement Awards:
- Advanced Super Hornet Conformal Fuel Tanks Prototype Development;
- Broad Area Maritime Surveillance Demonstrator Achieves 10,000 Combat Hours in U.S. Central Command;
- Joint Precision Approach and Landing System;
- LN-251 Inertial Navigation System Adaptation for the MQ-8C Fire Scout;
- Standard Missile-3 Block 1A Inertial Measurement Unit Investigation Team;
- Triton Flight Test Team; and
- Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstration's First Unmanned Aerial System Carrier-Based Arrestment and Carrier Operations.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
For further information: Joyce Chang, 818-715-2442 (office), 818-746-6586 (mobile), email@example.com; Carissa Kwan, 310-813-3811 (office), 310-499-3175 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org