Press release from PR Newswire
IBM Named A Worldwide Leader in IDC MarketScape for Mobile Consulting and Technology Services
Monday, April 07, 2014
IBM Named A Worldwide Leader in IDC MarketScape for Mobile Consulting and Technology Services09:00 EDT Monday, April 07, 2014
IBM recognized for its technical expertise in mobile, global scale and client flexibility
ARMONK, N.Y., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that IDC has named IBM a leader in the new MarketScape Worldwide Mobile Application Development, Testing, Management, and Infrastructure (mADTMI) Services 2014 Vendor Assessment.
Following an evaluation of 14 companies against 117 criteria, IBM was recognized in the "leaders" category in part for its "training and knowledge sharing, range of service capabilities, innovation/research and development pace and productivity, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction."
The report highlighted customers' praise for IBM's technical expertise in mobile, consulting and its global technology services, as well as, its flexibility to coach clients through the application development cycle, regardless of the design process already in place. IBM's professionalism, punctuality, customer service, and overall project management capabilities ? were also noted.
Today's announcement reinforces IBM's commitment to helping organizations across multiple industries streamline and accelerate mobile adoption. Based on more than 10 mobile-related acquisitions, a team of thousands of mobile experts and 270 patents in wireless innovations, IBM MobileFirst solutions help businesses connect, secure, manage and develop mobile networks, infrastructures and applications.
"As mobile technology has grown in functionality and popularity, organizations are becoming inundated with data, challenged by customer demands, and faced with the complex decision to partner with a provider that offers the right combination of both business and technology services to support their mobile initiatives," said Kevin Custis, Global Leader, Mobility and Social Business, IBM Global Business Services. "This evaluation acknowledges the value that a strong, front office-focused client agenda can bring to organizations that want to better engage with customers and remain competitive."
Based on IDC analysis and customer perception, IBM's position as a leader was secured for the following key attributes:
- IBM's global delivery capability and the use of mostly commercially available tools to build, test, and manage mobile applications.
- IBM's dedication to overall project time teaching and coaching clients on their newly developed mobile applications.
- IBM's percentage of mADTMI services resources with business requirements gathering, analysis, and definition skills outweighed the competitor group average.
- The percentage of user experience personnel with creative design and information architecture skills was higher than the competitive peer group average. IBM recently announced the expansion of the IBM Interactive Experience, where researchers and designers are working directly with clients to develop experiences that are increasingly mobile-driven. These experiences leverage IBM's MobileFirst portfolio to take advantage of the transformational nature of mobile solutions.
- High level of research and development investment in mobility services, as well as its high customer service and flexibility to work with client's application development methodology. In fact today, IBM announced the expansion of its IBM MobileFirst portfolio with new and enhanced services focused on mobile strategy and security, application development and device procurement and management
- The company's professionalism, punctuality, and overall project management capabilities.
Additionally, with reports such as the IBM Institute for Business Value study, "The 'Upwardly Mobile' Enterprise," IBM consulting continues to deliver thought leadership that helps companies identify how mobile can and should reshape their business models.
To download the IDC MarketScape Worldwide Mobile Application Development, Testing, Management, and Infrastructure Services 2014 Vendor Assessment report, visit: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=247480
For more on IBM Business Consulting Services, visit http://www.ibm.com/services/gbs.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Sources: IDC MarketScape MarketScape Worldwide Mobile Application Development, Testing, Management, and Infrastructure Services 2014 Vendor Assessment Doc # 247480, March 2014.
Fabienne DawsonIBM Global Media Relations1 (917)-email@example.com
Doug FraimIBM Global Media Relations1-781-269-5031 firstname.lastname@example.org
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090416/IBMLOGO