Press release from PR Newswire
Verizon Wireless Puts Smartphone Recycling in the Palm of Your Hand
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Verizon Wireless Puts Smartphone Recycling in the Palm of Your Hand17:45 EDT Thursday, April 17, 2014
New **Value program makes it easier to recycle.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting today, Verizon Wireless' **Value Mobile Device Recycling service now makes it more convenient for you to participate in its device recycling program. The program allows you to get a quote on the trade-in value of your smartphone when you're on the go. The **Value service is available on any smartphone from any wireless carrier.
To participate in the program:
- Dial **VALUE (**82583) on your phone. You'll hear a message informing you that you will receive a text message.
- Open the text message and click the link.
- Verify the model and condition of the phone at the link.
- Select "Get My Quote" and you will receive a trade-in value for the phone.
- Save the quote information, and take it to your local Verizon Wireless store representative.
Once the trade-in value of the phone is confirmed by your local store, that value will be placed on a virtual Verizon Wireless gift card that you can use to purchase devices, buy accessories like a case or a Fitbit, or pay your bill.
Although **Value service is only available on smartphones, Verizon Wireless' Device Recycling Program accepts cellphones (basic or smart), tablets, netbooks, and other wireless broadband devices like Verizon Wireless jetpacks. For every device recycled through Verizon Wireless' Device Recycling Program, the company makes a contribution to its HopeLine program, which provides support to domestic violence victims and survivors.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
For further information: Cameka Crawford, Cameka.Crawford@VerizonWireless.com, 908-559-3497