Press release from PR Newswire
Ogilvy & Mather Scores Hat Trick as Network of the Year for Third Year Running
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Ogilvy & Mather Scores Hat Trick as Network of the Year for Third Year Running19:24 EDT Saturday, June 21, 2014
- Ogilvy & Mather Takes Home Titanium and Innovation Lions on Last Day of Festival -
- Network Wins 110 Lions in Total at 61st Cannes Lions -
CANNES, France, June 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On the final day of the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity 2014 Ogilvy & Mather has been named Network of the Year, retaining its title for the third consecutive year in a major feat for the world-leading creative network.
Highlights of the week included:
- 2 Creative Effectiveness Lions
- 1st Radio Grand Prix, for Lucozade 'Give Me Strength'
- Direct Grand Prix and 5 Golds for British Airways 'Magic of Flying'
- Titanium and 4 Golds for UN Women 'Autocomplete Truth'
- Product Design Lion for Amnesty International 'Freedom Candles'
Following a week of success across multiple categories, with 110 Lions in total, Ogilvy & Mather rounded off the Festival by taking home Titanium, Innovation, and Gold Branded Content & Entertainment Lions today.
The Titanium Lion went to Memac Ogilvy Dubai for its work for UN Women, 'The Autocomplete Truth'. A series of ads using real Google searches to reveal the pervading issue of discrimination against women across the globe, it demonstrated the power of simple ideas and was one of just 12 campaigns to be awarded a Titanium Lion.
Meanwhile, the world's first connected tennis racket, 'Babolat Play', created by Ogilvy France, won one of only four Innovation Lions, and Ogilvy & Mather Argentina's impactful 'AMIA Booth' ? which gave citizens of Buenos Aires the chance to become 'survivors' of the 1994 AMIA terrorist attack ? took home a Gold Lion in the Branded Content & Entertainment categories.
OgilvyOne London's British Airways 'Magic of Flying' initiative was the most awarded single campaign within the network, with 9 Lions, including a Direct Grand Prix.
Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather, Tham Khai Meng, said: "#threepeat! We are honored by this recognition from our peers, our industry, and Cannes Lions. This would not be possible without the formidable support of our clients and colleagues. To win here ? at a truly international show ? is a testament to the bravery of our people."
On Twitter, Ogilvy & Mather dominated share of voice: #OgilvyCannes earned over 280 million impressions, with 26,253 mentions.
In total Ogilvy & Mather won: 2 Grand Prix, 2 Creative Effectiveness, 1 Titanium, 1 Innovation, 1 Product Design, 17 Gold, 31 Silver, and 55 Bronze Lions.
Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. It was named both the Cannes Lions Network of the Year and the Effie's World's Most Effective Agency Network for two consecutive years, 2012 and 2013. The company is comprised of industry leading units in the following disciplines: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; health care communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing; consulting, research and analytics; branded content and entertainment; and specialist communications. O&M services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 500 offices in 126 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit http://www.ogilvy.com/, or follow Ogilvy on Twitter at @Ogilvy and on Facebook.com/Ogilvy.
Agency of the Year Accolades
- O&M winner of Global Network of the Year at the One Show in 2014.
- O&M winner of LIA Network of the Year in 2013.
- O&M named Cannes Lions Network of the Year for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013).
- O&M named Effie's World's Most Effective Agency Network for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013).
- O&M winner of the Clio Awards Network of the Year for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013).
- O&M Brasil (Sao Paulo) named North American Grand Effie winner at the 2014 Effie Awards.
- Ogilvy & Mather Paris recognized as Agency of the Year at the Webby Awards and Most Awarded Advertising Agency by the D&AD Awards in 2014.
- O&M Mumbai named Effie's World's Most Effective Individual Agency Office for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013).
- O&M North America winner of Most Effective Agency Network for two consecutive years (2012 and 2013).
- O&M Brasil (Sao Paulo) named Cannes Lions Agency of the Year 2013.
- O&M New York was named North America's Most Effective Individual Agency Office in 2013.
- O&M London Press Agency of the Year, 2013 Campaign BIG awards.
- O&M London Radio Agency of the Year, 2013 Campaign BIG awards.
Facts & Figures
- 24,600 total employees across the world
- 126 countries
- 538 offices
- More than 50 languages
- The number one agency in four out of the five BRIC countries: Brazil, China, India and South Africa.
- 98 clients in five or more countries
- 8,000 digital specialists worldwide
Cannes 2013 Creative Awards:
- Network of the Year 2013 (and 2012)
- Ogilvy Brasil Agency of the Year 2013
- 155 Lions globally (first agency to win over 100 Lions in 1 year)
- 4 Grand Prix (including Titanium & Integrated)
- 1 Creative Effectiveness Award
- 37 Gold Lions
- 46 Silver Lions
- 67 Bronze Lions
SOURCE Ogilvy & Mather
For further information: For more information, please contact Sarah Owen firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7958 202 990 or Edwina Boyd-Gibbins Edwina@pumpkin.uk.com / +44 (0) 7748 982 320