Press release from PR Newswire
Salesforce.com Announces Strategic Partnership with Deutsche Telekom and Invests for Growth in Germany
Thursday, July 03, 2014
Salesforce.com Announces Strategic Partnership with Deutsche Telekom and Invests for Growth in Germany02:30 EDT Thursday, July 03, 2014
Deutsche Telekom and salesforce.com form strategic alliance in DACH -- announce corporate customer unit T-Systems is provider for new German Data Centre and the primary reseller for salesforce.com's leading cloud services
Salesforce.com expands German headquarters in Munich, opens Berlin office
Salesforce.com sponsors Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups to foster Innovation in new German companies, joining Facebook, Google and Lufthansa Systems
Bayer Vital, Commerzbank, Coca Cola Erfrischungsgetränke and Software AG are connecting with customers in a whole new way with Salesforce, joining top DACH companies including airberlin, BMW and Endress&Hauser
MUNICH, July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced strategic investments in Germany; Deutsche Telekom's customer unit T-Systems has been named the provider for salesforce.com's German data centre and the company's strategic partner throughout the DACH region, forming salesforce.com's first strategic alliance in DACH. In addition, salesforce.com will expand its Munich headquarters and has opened its Berlin office. Salesforce.com also announced it will sponsor Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups to foster innovation in new German companies, joining Facebook, Google and Lufthansa Systems. Innovative German companies Bayer Vital, Commerzbank, Coca Cola Erfrischungsgetränke and Software AG are now connecting with customers in a whole new way with Salesforce, joining leading German companies such as airberlin, BMW and Endress&Hauser.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce.com sees tremendous opportunity for German customers to succeed in the cloud, and is making local investments that will accelerate customer success," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "Today we want to thank our German customers for helping make us one of the top 10 largest software companies in the world -- salesforce.com is the first cloud company to achieve this status."
- "German companies are growing and succeeding with salesforce.com," said Miguel Milano, president, EMEA, salesforce.com. "Today's announcements underscore salesforce.com's focus on delighting our German customer base and our ecosystem of partners and developers."
- "Companies that want to benefit from the opportunities of the digital age have to master an ever broader technological spectrum ? and Deutsche Telekom's corporate customers unit and salesforce.com are now working together to support them on that," said Tim Höttges, Chairman of the Board of Management, Deutsche Telekom. "Together with salesforce.com, we are expanding our range of simple and cost-effective cloud services, particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises, which form such a strong part of our economy in this country."
- "Salesforce1 World Tour Munich is one of the biggest IT events in Germany this year and I am excited to join Marc onstage at the keynote," said Karl-Heinz Streibich, CEO, Software AG. "Software AG is completely transforming our relationships with customers, employees and partners with the latest in social, mobile and connected cloud technologies from salesforce.com and Software AG."
Deutsche Telekom and Salesforce.com Now Strategic Partners in DACHSalesforce.com has selected Deutsche Telekom's corporate customer unit T-Systems as the provider for the previously announced data centre in Germany, which will be powered 100 percent by renewable energy sources. This new data centre, salesforce.com's first in Germany, is expected to support the company's cloud computing services across its growing customer base in the region. The company plans to open three new data centres in Europe, including data centres in the UK and France. Salesforce.com's first European data centre is expected to open in the UK in 2014 while data centres in Germany and France are expected to open in 2015.
In addition, the two companies today announced that T-Systems will also become the primary reseller for salesforce.com's leading cloud services in the DACH region.
Salesforce.com Expands German PresenceAs part of its investment in Germany, the company today announced it plans to significantly expand its German headquarters in Munich. The company also announced it has opened a new office in Berlin to complement its current German offices in Munich, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf. Salesforce.com also announced plans to add more than 500 new jobs across Europe, including in Germany, during its fiscal year 2015.
Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups and Salesforce.com to Foster Innovation in German Start-UpsSalesforce.com introduced a new partnership with Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups to help new businesses grow and advance in Germany. Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups is the voice of the start-up community in Germany, representing interests of German start-ups in politics, and supporting startup networking across Germany, with more than 200 members. Salesforce.com joins companies such as Facebook, Google and Lufthansa Systems as a sustaining member. As part of the new agreement, the company plans to provide direct mentoring and Salesforce product training to help the next generation of German businesses grow and thrive.
Customer Growth Explodes in Germany and DACH RegionLeading companies including Bayer Vital, Coca Cola Erfrischungsgetränke, Commerzbank, and Software AG have selected salesforce.com to drive innovation and connect with their customers in a whole new way. They join top companies including airberlin, BMW and Endress&Hauser as salesforce.com customers.
Commerzbank is using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to run its social media activities for private customers. Coca Cola Erfrischungsgetränke is using Salesforce wall-to-wall to expand their customer relationships and to maximise SAP data from their ERP systems to better manage those relationships.
Salesforce1 World Tour Munich: Germany's Largest Cloud Computing EventThe Salesforce1 World Tour Munich is Germany's largest cloud computing event. The event will bring Salesforce experts, partners and customers together to demonstrate how companies of all sizes and industries are leveraging the power of Salesforce1, the world's most trusted cloud platform, to connect with their customers in a whole new way. With keynotes from salesforce.com executives that showcase cutting-edge technology, specialized breakout sessions, live demos and inspiring customer stories, attendees will learn how to transform how they sell, service, market and engage for the Internet of Customers.
- Registration for the event is available at https://www.salesforce.com/de/events/details/sf1wt14-munich/
- Follow @SalesforceDE on Twitter and join the conversation at #Salesforce1tour
- Watch the event live at www.salesforce.com/live
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
"Safe harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to future real estate and data centres. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company's results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. Further information on factors that could affect the company's financial and other results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including the company's most recent Form 10-K. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of the company's website at www.salesforce.com/investor. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For further information: Claudia Linsenmeier, salesforce.com, +491622589336, email@example.com