So, you've been putting off your RRSP investing and still haven't got around to it. Or maybe you just forgot. Either way, it's not too late -- and you can still take advantage of the tax benefits RRSP investing offers.
Kurt Rosentreter, a senior financial adviser at Manulife Securities, was online to take your questions on Wednesday, Feb. 23 at noon (ET). He's been a financial planner as well as a tax specialist and chartered accountant for almost 20 years.
Mr. Rosentreter's credentials:
• Course Instructor, Investing and Financial Planning, Ontario Institute of Chartered Accountants, teaching personal finance to Chartered Accountants in Ontario; endorsed by the Ontario Institute of Chartered Accountants for their membership.
• Eight professional designations in financial planning in addition to a university degree in finance: Chartered Accountant, Certified Financial Planner, Tax and Estate Practitioner, Certified Investment Management Analyst, Financial Management Advisor, Tax Specialist, Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Finance) University of Manitoba, Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute and Certified Investment Manager.
• Ten years of advanced financial planning experience with one of the world's leading professional services firms; past co-founder of their billion dollar investment advisory practice in Canada;
• Past National Executive Board Member, Canadian Association of Financial Advisors. Past board or committee member of The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Canadian Association of Financial Planners and The Financial Planner Standards Council of Canada.
• National best selling personal finance author in Canada with seven different publications over the last ten years: "Tax Smart Investing", "Rosentreter's Rules on Wealth Management" and "Wealthbuilding" in bookstores nationally;
Readers using mobile phones can read the discussion by clicking here.
Follow us on Twitter: