Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content


Students, young adults, ask us how you can save on taxes Add to ...

Should young adults, the ones who earn little or no money, bother filing a tax return? What kinds of tax breaks are available to students and how do they go about getting them?

Chartered accountant Robin Taub, the author of A Parent's Guide to Raising Money-Smart Kids, answered your tax-related questions. Ms. Taub, who lives in Toronto with her family, has held professional positions in both audit and taxation at two of Canada’s largest accounting firms and now consults in the field of financial literacy. She blogs on personal tax matters for the Investor Education Fund.

More related to this story

Mobile users can join the discussion here.

<iframe src='http://embed.scribblelive.com/Embed/v5.aspx?Id=43089&ThemeId=2893' width='458' height='600' frameborder='0' style='border: 1px solid #000'></iframe>


In the know

Most popular videos »


More from The Globe and Mail

Most popular