When we launched Watchlist we wanted to create a very personal and individualized tool to help you track your investments. It was only natural that you should be able to customize the display of your Watchlist.
In that vein, we created the powerful Build-Your-Own view. It lets you drag and drop almost 60 different data points.
You've sent us lots of feedback on this view, some positive, but mainly areas for improvement. Last week we added a package of enhancements to Build Your Own. Here is what works better now.
- Better sorting options The ticker symbol and company name are now shown in two separate columns so that you can individually sort one or the other in alphabetical order, depending on your preference. A bug whereby the extra ticker-symbol columns sorted by company name instead is fixed.
- Easier to read The alignment of the data within each cell has been adjusted to make each column easier to scan and pick out outlier values.
- More data on a single screen We have reduced the amount of spacing between each column of data to minimize scrolling.
- More freedom in dragging and dropping When you're reordering your columns you can drag and drop the icon anywhere on the grey column headings. We've also tweaked the style of the drag icon in Safari and Google Chrome to make it clearer.
- Auto refresh doesn't clash with customizing The auto refresh, which updates prices every 150 seconds, was undoing the unsaved changes that you had made to the order of the columns. This is resolved.
- Bugs fixed for Internet Explorer 7 readers Those of you who use Internet Explorer 7 were seeing the list finder open up underneath all of your data making it hard to get to all of your multiple Watchlists. This is also resolved.
While we were testing these enhancements, we noticed even more small fixes we can make, and your suggestions for improvements and fixes are always welcome. If you have any, leave a comment on this blog post.
Thanks for making Watchlist part of your investing routine.
Pierre Javad Product Manager, Digital