You can still roam through globeandmail.com and our apps and read articles without being a subscriber.
Now, however, you’ll be asked to subscribe to Globe Unlimited if you’ve read 10 different articles before the month is up. You can still visit the homepage and section pages such as Business, Life and Sports and read some free articles, but you’ll need to subscribe if you want to continue reading most articles for the remainder of the month.
At the end of each month, the 10-story limit – or meter – is automatically reset and you can continue reading even if you haven’t subscribed. Throughout the month, you’ll be told how many articles you’ve read so there is no need to keep track yourself.
Here are a few more facts on how the site work now:
- The Globe and Mail homepage and all section pages – such as Business, Life, Sports and Commentary – do not count against the meter. You can visit and view those pages as many times as you like.
- Some additional content also does not count against your meter limit per month. This content includes weather, horoscopes, letters to the editor, stock quote pages, your stock Watchlist and the investor-education section. You can visit these pages as many times as you like without being a subscriber.
- The site is social-media and search-engine friendly. This means when you click on a Globe and Mail link in a tweet, a Facebook post or a Google search page, it will take you to the article where you can read it in full, regardless of how many articles have counted against your meter that month.
- Comments also do not count against your meter. When you read an article, then visit the comments and post a comment, that combination only counts once on your meter. Come back to visit the comments later in the day, and that visit will not affect your meter. You can come back as many times as you like to continue to use the article’s comments that month, and it will not count on your meter.
- Articles archived longer than 30 days are available only to Globe Unlimited subscribers.
Finally, two areas of the site, both in the Business section, are available exclusively to our subscribers: Streetwise and ROB Insight. Streetwise breaks news and delivers analysis on deals and finances in Canada’s capital markets. ROB Insight is a new section that contains sharp analysis and opinion on the biggest business news headlines and issues of the day.
To find out more about these areas, watch this video.
And remember, Globe Unlimited and all of its features are included free if you subscribe to the newspaper five or six days a week, to GlobePlus or to GlobeInvestorGold. There’ s a 75 per cent discount if you subscribe to the newspaper for four days or fewer each week.