Lindsay Lohan closed the first season of her reality show with a shocker by claiming she recently suffered a miscarriage.
The 27-year-old actress and tabloid target made the stunning revelation on the season finale of her docu-series Lindsay, which airs in the U.S. and Canada on the Oprah Winfrey-owned OWN network.
In the segment, Lohan was explaining to the camera why she recently missed a few days of filming her show, which documents her post-rehab life and attempt to reboot her career in New York.
“No one knows this – I had a miscarriage for those weeks that I took off,” said the former child star of The Parent Trap and Mean Girls.
Lohan also claimed that dealing with the medical emergency left her immobile for days.
“I couldn’t move, I was sick,” said Lohan. “Mentally, that messes with you.”
At the same time, Lohan chose not to identify the father of the child or reveal how far along she was in the pregnancy when she suffered the miscarriage.
In last night’s Lindsay, the actress said the miscarriage crisis was alluded to on an earlier episode of the series – the episode in which she wouldn’t leave her room (although to be fair, that scenario has happened in pretty much every episode of Lindsay).
Lohan reflected on the moment in last night’s show. “Watching this series, I just know how I felt at that moment and I can relate to that girl, which sounds kind of crazy. But I’m like, ‘Oh, my God. This is really sad. Who’s helping her?’ ”
The miscarriage revelation comes only days after Lohan broke her silence on a list of more than three-dozen sex partners – including such names as Justin Timberlake, James Franco and the late Heath Ledger – that was leaked out to the media by In Touch magazine in early March.
Lohan herself confirmed the list was real – and that she was the one who compiled it – during an appearance on the U.S. Bravo series Watch What Happens Live last week.
“That was actually my fifth step in AA [Alcoholics Anonymous] at Betty Ford,” Lohan told WWHL host Andy Cohen last Thursday. “Someone, when I was moving during the OWN show, must’ve taken a photo of it. So that’s a really personal thing and it’s really unfortunate.”
Shortly after the broadcast of Sunday’s sendoff episode of Lindsay, the actress’s mother, Dina Lohan, tweeted, “Oprah call me,” which was obviously directed toward Oprah Winfrey. It was deleted soon after.
According to most reports, Winfrey is currently mulling over the decision whether to cancel Lindsay or renew it for a second season. In the U.S., the show debuted in early March to a modest audience of 700,000 viewers and ratings have declined steadily since then.
Follow us on Twitter: