Mashed potatoes and orange pillar candles? Yesterday – uncategorically. This year, give your Thanksgiving gathering a stylish update with a contemporary take on the culinary staples – along with artful ideas for decorating the table (sans ceramic scarecrows. For this, they will all be grateful)
These recipes for the turkey and its sides all serve 6 to 8 people; dessert serves more.
- Peking Turkey
- Roasted Purple Potatoes With Maple Bacon And Rosemary
- Roasted Heirloom Carrots
- Peas In White Wine And Butter
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Ginger Hazelnut Biscotti
- Ginger Biscotti Bread Pudding
10 ways to pace yourself until Thanksgiving
1. Bake biscotti up to 1 week in advance.
2. The day before the meal, bake the bread pudding, brine the turkey and make the hoisin sauce and stuffing.
3. On the day of the meal, roast potatoes in the morning.
4. While potatoes are cooking, stuff turkey breast and refrigerate till ready to roast.
5. Two hours before the meal, roast turkey breast. When done, let it rest in roasting pan in juices, covered in foil.
6. While turkey rests, cook peas and roast carrots.
7. When carrots are halfway done, tuck potatoes into oven to warm.
8. Slice turkey. Just before serving, reheat pan juices and drizzle over sliced meat.
9. As you’re sitting down to eat, turn oven down to 200 F and reheat bread pudding for one hour.
10. Just before dessert, reheat brandy sauce and pour over pudding before serving.