Amy Lowry, who runs the site www.ILoveSampleSales.com, offers her Top 9 sample-sale survival tips:
1. Always bring cash - not all sales take credit or debit cards.
2. Sometimes changing rooms are shared, so consider wearing a tank top and comfy underwear.
3. Many sales restock daily, so if you can't make the sale on the first day, do go back another day.
4. Take your time - at a busy sale, things can get chaotic.
5. Go with friends so you can pick up items for each other.
6. Be open minded - who knows what you might find.
7. Don't get carried away just by the price of an item - give it a close look to make sure you actually love it.
8. If something is just a little too big, consider the additional cost of alterations.
9. If you see something you like, hold on to it - it might not be there in two minutes.