- A third dam on the Peace River will be an earthfill structure about 1.1 kilometres in length, and 60 metres above the river bed.
- The reservoir will be 83 km long, two to three times the width of the existing river.
- A total of 5,340 hectares of land would be flooded. Of that, the Crown and BC Hydro own all but 360 hectares.
- The facility would generate power for over a century, providing 900 megawatts of capacity and 4,600 gigawatt hours of electricity each year, enough to supply 410,000 residences.
- The province says the project will create 7,650 direct construction jobs, and up to 35,000 direct and indirect jobs through the life of the project.
Mark HumeReport Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: