Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

AdChoices
In this Sept. 15, 2015 photo, Dylan O'Brien attends the premiere of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials in New York. (Greg Allen/Invision/AP)
In this Sept. 15, 2015 photo, Dylan O'Brien attends the premiere of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials in New York. (Greg Allen/Invision/AP)

Dylan O’Brien will be fine, ‘Maze Runner’ director tweets after B.C. set injury Add to ...

Film director Wes Ball says Dylan O’Brien, the star of “Maze Runner: The Death Cure,” will be just fine after being injured on set in British Columbia’s Interior.

The director tweeted that after a few weeks of rest and recovery, the actor will be back up and running to finish shooting the latest instalment of the popular franchise.

20th Century Fox announced last week that O’Brien had been immediately transferred to a Vancouver hospital after being hurt and that production would be shut down until he recovers.

WorkSafe B.C. is investigating the incident and has sent officers to gather information at a film set at the Cache Creek airport, about 340 kilometres from Vancouver.

Celebrity website TMZ and Hollywood trade publication Variety reported that O’Brien was hit by a car and suffered multiple injuries while filming.

Ball says he’s sorry for the grief the accident has caused the actor’s friends and family as well as his cast and crew, and while it’s scary seeing a friend get hurt, O’Brien is going to be fine.

“Well, it’s been a whirlwind of emotions these past few days,” the director tweeted.

“I’ve been overwhelmed with feelings of anger and sadness and guilt. But, ultimately I find myself left with just a deep love and respect for Dylan. He is one tough cookie.”

Report Typo/Error

Also on The Globe and Mail

Dylan O'Brien on the challenges of 'Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials' (AP Video)
 

Next story

loading

In the know

The Globe Recommends

loading

Most popular videos »

Highlights

More from The Globe and Mail

Most popular