Answer the following questions, then rate yourself on a scale from one to five (where one is strongly disagree and five is strongly agree)
1. I am highly self-motivated. I get homework and assignments done without parental nagging.
2. I am organized, taking clear, concise notes and staying on top of what’s due when.
3. I am used to doing domestic duties for myself, like laundry, grocery shopping and cooking.
4. I have good money management skills and i know how to create (and stick to) a budget.
5. I am eager to meet new people and make new friends.
20-25: Congrats. You are well-equipped to take on university. Go get ’em.
11-19: You have some of the skills you need to succeed, but you could stand to improve your self-sufficiency.
1-10: You are probably not feeling too confident about your ability to thrive at university. You may want to get some help before you go: a cooking class, a budgeting workshop, a trusted guidance counsellor to help you with organizational skills. Don’t worry, it’s not too late.
Follow us on Twitter: