Police mounted an operation at dawn today in Quebec City to begin removing Occupy protesters.
The protesters were among the first Occupy protesters in several Canadian cities to receive an eviction notice on November 3rd.
Several dozen people took part in the protest initially, but only a handful spent the night at the camp erected several weeks ago.
They reportedly offered no resistance when police moved in.
Mayor Regis Labeaume said Monday that he believed the authorities have been very patient and tolerant with the protesters.
But he said the occupation makes no sense now since people will likely get sick if they sleep outside in the winter.
Police, fire officials and city workers had earlier swept through the downtown to seize material deemed to be a fire hazard.
Follow us on Twitter: