Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

Luka Magnotta arrives at Mirabel Airport montreal. (HANDOUT/Montreal Police)
Luka Magnotta arrives at Mirabel Airport montreal. (HANDOUT/Montreal Police)

Warrant out for website owner charged over grisly video in Magnotta case Add to ...

Police in Edmonton are looking for a website owner who faces charges over a grisly video at the centre of the Luka Magnotta murder case.

Police say they have issued a warrant for the arrest of Mark Marek on a charge of breaching his bail conditions.

They are asking the public to help locate Marek, who was released from the Edmonton Remand Centre after being granted bail on July 18.

More Related to this Story

He is charged with one count of corrupting morals for allegedly posting a video from Magnotta while knowing it depicted a real killing.

The video allegedly showed the killing and dismemberment of Chinese university student Jun Lin in Montreal.

Magnotta has pleaded not guilty to murder and is to stand trial in September 2014.

At Marek’s bail hearing, the Crown opposed his release, pointing out he had no Edmonton address and had made it clear to police that he planned to go back to his native Slovakia. Police had said he had been living out of his car since he returned to the city.

The defence said Marek had planned to visit family in the eastern European country in September, but didn’t intend to run away from his legal problems.

Marek told the judge that officers had already seized his passport.

Follow us on Twitter: @globeandmail

 

Topics:

In the know

Most popular video »

Highlights

More from The Globe and Mail

Most Popular Stories