Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the Canadian Forces will do what it can to strip benefits from convicted sex killer Col. Russell Williams.
"I know Defence Minister (Peter) MacKay has made clear the Forces will undertake all necessary actions to ensure that all sanctions possible and all benefits possible that can be withdrawn will be withdrawn from the former commander," Mr. Harper said Thursday after a military funding announcement in St. John's.
Mr. Harper also extended his condolences to the relatives of Col. Williams's victims.
"Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts obviously go out to the victims and their families. This is just a horrific series of events," he said.
"Also, our thoughts go out to all the members of the Canadian Forces who knew the commander and have been very badly wounded and betrayed by all of this."
Col. Williams, the former commander of Canada's largest military airfield, pleaded guilty earlier this week to two counts of first-degree murder, two sexual assaults and 82 fetish break and enters. He is expected to be sentenced later Thursday.
He faces an automatic sentence of life in prison with no possibility of parole for 25 years.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: