Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

Convicted pedophile Gordon Stuckless was rearrested on new sexual assault charges on March 22, 2013. Nine more counts were added on Nov. 14, 2011 (Fred Lum/The Globe and Mail)
Convicted pedophile Gordon Stuckless was rearrested on new sexual assault charges on March 22, 2013. Nine more counts were added on Nov. 14, 2011 (Fred Lum/The Globe and Mail)

Man at centre of Maple Leaf Gardens sex abuse scandal to plead guilty, lawyer says Add to ...

A man at the centre of the Maple Leaf Gardens sex abuse scandal is expected to plead guilty today to more than 100 charges related to alleged offences that took place in the Toronto area decades ago.

Gordon Stuckless’s lawyer says his client will enter a guilty plea to 103 charges he faces involving 15 alleged victims.

Ari Goldkind says Stuckless categorically denies his guilt on five charges of buggery involving three people who went to police last year.

Goldkind says Stuckless has never “shied away from responsibility for the terrible things he did decades ago.”

Stuckless was convicted in 1997 for sex assaults on 24 boys while he was an usher at Toronto’s Maple Leaf Gardens between 1969 and 1988.

But he was forced back in the spotlight when police announced fresh charges against him in alleged incidents dating back decades.

Content state:Writing In use by:  Reporter(s):  Last modified:04-22 04:59 AM -  Requested size:   Actual size: 33 l - 4.35i Category:  Contextual use: Digital Description:  Correction:  

In the know

Most popular videos »

Highlights

More from The Globe and Mail

Most popular