One man is in hospital with minor burns after a fire and several explosions at a compressed gas facility in Brampton.
Police say the fire began in a storage shed in an industrial area near Steeles Avenue and Dixie Road around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The fire then spread to Air Liquide, a French multinational company that supplies industrial gases and services to various industries including medical, chemical and electronic manufacturers.
The two-alarm fire sent fireballs into the air and lasted for several hours.
Several small tanks exploded and there were concerns the blaze could spread to a massive 30,000-gallon propane tank stored at the site, but fire crews poured water on the tank to protect it from the flames.
Roads in the area were shut down until about 1 a.m. on Thursday and the nearby CN Rail tracks didn’t reopen until about 3:40 a.m.Report Typo/Error