Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

Kesean Williams, 9, died after being hit by a bullet fired outside his family’s townhouse on Jan. 23, 2013. (Peel District School Board)
Kesean Williams, 9, died after being hit by a bullet fired outside his family’s townhouse on Jan. 23, 2013. (Peel District School Board)

Police release video of suspect in Brampton boy’s shooting death a year ago Add to ...

A year after the shooting death of a nine-year-old Brampton, Ont., boy, police have released surveillance video of a suspect and offered a reward of up to $25,000 for information that they hope will lead to an arrest.

Kesean Williams had been sitting inside the living room of his home, playing video games with his 15-year-old brother on the evening of Jan. 23 last year when a bullet flew through the window at 10:25 p.m. and fatally wounded him. The family had moved into the house only a few days earlier.

More Related to this Story

“We believe the person responsible was targeting the residence,” Inspector George Koekkok of Peel Regional Police said in a news conference Thursday morning.

Physical evidence suggests the shooter was standing right outside the window, Insp. Koekkok said.

In surveillance videos shot from two angles, a man in a light jacket and dark pants can be seen running past a parking lot from the direction of Kesean’s home, just after the boy was shot, police say.

Police also released a third video showing Kesean and his mother at a nearby YMCA a few hours before his death.

Since Kesean’s death, police have conducted hundreds of interviews, but Insp. Koekkok said they that the video clips might spur those with information to come forward.

Follow on Twitter: @DakGlobe

 

In the know

Most popular video »

Highlights

More from The Globe and Mail

Most Popular Stories