Toronto police are seeking the public’s help in locating eight valuable watches, stolen from a downtown condominium in October, together with a watch box.
Valued at more than $125,000, the haul, which included several rare watches, was taken from a residence near Wellington Street and Spadina Avenue. A police source said the victim was not a jeweller, but a wealthy gentleman who lived alone.
Police in 14 Division also issued a reminder that it is a criminal offence to possess stolen property.
Photos of the items can be seen on the Toronto Police Service Web site. They are described as follows:
- A Wolf Design leather watch case, two feet wide, by one foot high, by one foot deep, with a glass window on the front and a chrome button to open the case.
- A Breitling Navitimer watch, with stainless steel case and band; a black face with white ring around the face; valued at $6,500.
- An Artya Tesla 500 Volt watch, with a burnt metal case; toadskin leather and rubber band; it has a small black dial in the centre with a clear face with gold coils. Valued at $7,500.
- A Cartier Roadster chronograph watch, with small dials; a stainless steel case with white face, and tan alligator skin band. Valued at $6,500.
- A Zenith watch, with a stainless steel case, a black face and skeleton movement, valued at $12,500.
- A Ulysse Nardin watch, model Black Sea 263−92, bearing the serial number 329 written in stainless steel on the left side. It has a black face with red accents, an all-matte-black finish and a black rubber band. Valued at $10,000.
- A Bell and Ross watch, model: 01 92 Airborne II, serial number: 168. It has a brown leather strap, a square grey steel face with a skull and crossbones design. Valued at $7,500.
- A Blancpain watch in 18-karat rose gold with moonphase complications serial number: 398. It has a skeleton case back, a genuine alligator tan strap with concealed buckle. Valued at $35,990.
- A Jaeger-Lecoultre watch, model Q6042420, with a rose gold case and brown alligator skin band; it has a white face with a lunar date in the top right corner of the face, time clock in the top right corner and 1/6 second clock at the bottom of the face. Serial number: 2737544. Valued at $41,726.60.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), or online at www.222tips.com.
With a file from Kristina VirroReport Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: