The province's police watchdog is considering reopening an investigation into the case of a man who alleges officers beat him during the G20 summit.
Dorian Barton, who says police broke his arm on the afternoon of June 26, is also suing the force.
The Special Investigations Unit previously investigated his case, questioning four Toronto police officers as witnesses, but was unable to identify the officers suspected of causing his injuries and could not lay charges.
Subsequently, another man who witnessed the arrest and photographed police involved approached Mr. Barton and turned his photos over to the SIU.
The agency's director will review the evidence and hold a meeting with the investigators on the case this week to decide whether to re-investigate, said spokesman Frank Phillips.
Mr. Barton, 29, is also launching a $250,000 lawsuit against the force and seven unidentified officers, accusing them of assault, unlawful arrest, malicious prosecution and negligent investigation.
In his statement of claim, he says he had no intention of protesting when he went to take photographs of the G20 demonstrations at Queen's Park on the afternoon of June 26. Police, however, knocked him to the ground and jumped on him, breaking his shoulder in the process, he alleges.
"When I asked for medical attention, they laughed at me," Mr. Barton told The Globe and Mail in November.
He said he spent five hours in the Eastern Avenue detention centre before he was allowed to see a doctor, then was shipped promptly back to the centre afterward. In all, he says he spent 30 hours in custody with a broken shoulder, a black eye, a swollen hand and foot and a bruised back, and was given only three regular-strength Tylenol for his pain.
His broken shoulder prevented him from looking for work over the summer and he will never regain the full use of his right arm, he alleges.
None of the claims have been proven in court.
Mr. Barton was charged with obstructing a police officer, a claim that was withdrawn at the first court date.
Mr. Barton's case comes on the heels of that of Adam Nobody, a 27-year-old man allegedly roughed up by police during the G20 who successfully pushed the SIU to re-open his case after new evidence came to light.
One officer, Constable Babak Andalib-Goortani, has been charged with assaulting Mr. Nobody.