Environment Canada is calling for 15 to 25 centimetres of snow by this evening in Toronto. Here is what you need to know about what’s closed and how to get around. This list will be updated throughout the day.
- The Toronto District School Board says that all school buses are cancelled Friday but schools are open. Updates will be posted on the TDSB website.
- The Toronto Catholic District School Board says school bus transportation is cancelled for Friday but schools and offices remain open. Further updates will be posted on the board website.
- School buses for the Durham District School Board are cancelled today, but schools will remain open. Updates will be posted on the DDSB website.
- School buses and taxi transportation for York Region District School Board are closed, but schools will be open. Watch the @YRDSB Twitter feed for more updates.
- Schools, offices and buses in the Peel District School Board are closed today. Check the @PeelSchools Twitter feed for updates and details.
- All schools, offices and buses in the Halton District School Board are closed today.
- Several universities have also cancelled classes today, including York University, Ryerson University, the University of Toronto's Mississauga and Scarborough campuses, OCAD University, McMaster University, the University of Guelph, the University of Waterloo, Brock University and Wilfrid Laurier University. The University of Ontario Institute of Technology cancelled afternoon and evening classes.
- Several colleges are also closed, including Humber College, Sheridan College, Seneca College and Centennial College. At Durham College, there are no afternoon or evening classes.
- Many flights have already been cancelled at Toronto Pearson International Airport and passengers are being urged to check flight information before coming to the airport either by calling their airline directly or by checking for up to date flight information here. Travellers flying out of Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport can get up to date flight information here.
- The Toronto Transit Commission has reported some delays anddiversions. Wheel-Trans service is limited to medicaland emergency trips only. Watch the @TTCnotices Twitter feed for updates.
- GO Transit has implemented an adjusted winter schedule for Friday morning and is warning customers that they may experience delays across the GO system on bus and train services as well as getting to their station. Schedule changes and updates can be found here.
- Via Rail is experiencing some delays. Arrival and departure information can be found here.
- Environment Canada says some regions could see snowfall of two to four centimetres an hour at the height of the storm. Road conditions in the GTA can be checked here. Police say motorists who have to drive should pick one lane and stay in it unless they are exiting a highway.