Neil Armstrong died on Saturday. He was a test pilot, astronaut, explorer, professor and inspiration to millions. The decisions he made and the life he lived were a model for me and countless others. His first steps on the moon, and all they represented, directly inspired me to become an astronaut.
Here are some things I learned from him:
- Some things are worth taking a risk for;
- You can be who you set out to be;
- Excellence is a personal choice;
- One person and one small step can be much more than just that;
- You can be both famous and honourable;
- People working together can accomplish the impossible.
Follow us on Twitter: