U.S. President Barack Obama is proposing to:
• require criminal background checks for all gun sales;
• direct the Centres for Disease Control to conduct research into causes of and prevention of gun violence, including the influence of video games;
• ban armour-piercing bullets through manufacture, import prohibition;
• allow schools to hire 1,000 “school resource officers;”
• call on Congress to pass new gun trafficking laws;
• call for a reinstatement of assault weapons ban;
• limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds;
• nominate Todd Jones to be director of U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
To see a full list of the gun-violence prevention proposals click here.