Opinion polling conducted in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in April of this year. The margin of error is three percentage points, with a confidence level of 95 per cent.
How optimistic or pessimistic are you toward reaching a peaceful settlement for the Arab-Israeli conflict?
- Very optimistic: 1.9
- Optimistic: 29.8
- Pessimistic: 41.8
- Very pessimistic 22.8
- Don't know/No answer: 0.4
Which of these solutions do you prefer?
- Two-state solution, with separate Israeli and Palestinian states: 53.2%
- Bi-national state, with Israelis and Palestinians being equal in a country covering all of historic Palestine: 22.1%
- Palestinian state only: 10.4%
- No solution: 9.5%
- Islamic state only: 1.2%
- Other answer: 3.6%
Do you support the continuation of military operations against Israeli targets as an appropriate response under current political conditions or do you oppose them and believe they harm Palestinian national interests?
- Support: 37.1%
- Oppose: 51.8%
- Don't know: 7.3%
- Other/No answer: 8.6%
How do you feel about the suicide-bombing operations against Israeli civilians?
- Strongly support: 15.8%
- Somewhat support: 21.5%
- Somewhat oppose: 26.0%
- Strongly oppose: 31.1%
- Don't know/No Answer: 5.6%
Do you think that the locally made rockets fired from the Gaza Strip toward Israeli regions help, harm or don't make any difference with regard to Palestinian goals?
- Help: 25.4%
- Harm: 38.6%
- No difference: 31.5%
- Other/Don't know/No Answer: 4.4%
Which political or religious faction do you trust the most?
- Fatah: 34.0%
- Hamas: 15%
- None: 37.0%
- Other: 14.0%
Which Palestinian leader do you trust the most?
- Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian president, Fatah leader: 17.9%
- Ismail Haniyeh, prime minister for Gaza, Hamas member: 11.4%
- Marwan Barghouti, imprisoned Fatah figure: 6.8%
- Salam Fayyad, Palestinian prime minister, independent: 4.3%
- No one: 39.1%
- Others/no answer: 19%
Source: Jerusalem Media & Communications Centre, April 2011Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: