What we know now that we didn’t know a year ago, before Osama bin Laden was killed:
1. He did not need dialysis to treat his kidney ailment. The 54-year-old was healthy, according to his 29-year-old Yemeni widow.
2. Before moving to his Abbottabad compound, he lived with his family in Chak Shah Mohammad Khan, a village in the nearby district of Haripur for nearly two and a half years.
3. Mr. bin Laden had a plan to kill U.S. President Barack Obama, believing that the United States would fall into chaos if an “unprepared” Joe Biden became Commander in Chief by default.
4. General David Petraeus was also a major target.
5. Mr. bin Laden was obsessed with al-Qaeda’s image problem among Muslims. He thought al-Qaeda should find a new name and proposed 10 alternatives.
6. Mr. bin Laden believed his fighters should leave Pakistan’s tribal areas because they were being targeted by drone strikes.
7. He believed al-Qaeda made a grave mistake by killing Muslims in Iraq and other battlefields.
8. Mr. bin Laden thought his fighters could avoid surveillance by switching cars in tunnels.
9. He wanted his eldest son, Hamza, to study religion in Qatar.
10. For the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, he wanted his media team to link the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to the financial crisis.Report Typo/Error