While there is no one right way to become a great place to work, research shows that there are five common themes found in the Best Workplaces: Credibility, Respect, Fairness, Pride and Camaraderie. This year, the Great Place to Work Institute has recognized six organizations that demonstrated excellence in each of these categories. Here are the winners – in alphabetical order – that earned this special recognition:
Management is competent at running the business:
- Edelman Public Relations Worldwide Canada
- Hilti (Canada) Corporation
- Royal LePage Performance Realty
- Ryan ULC
- Traction on Demand
I am respected as an individual:
- Habanero Consulting Group
- Intuit Canada
- McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Limited
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation
- SaskCentral (Credit Union Central of Saskatchewan)
- Tri Fit Inc.
No matter what, people here are treated fairly:
- AOL Canada Corp.
- Environics Communications Inc.
- Google Inc.
- NetApp Canada Ltd.
- PYR Software Limited
- True North Automation Inc.
I have pride in what I do:
- Biogen Idec Canada
- Brand Momentum Inc.
- Microsoft Canada Inc.
- Vermilion Energy
I enjoy the people that I work with:
- G Adventures
- JOEY Restaurant Group
- The PEER Group Inc.
- Wishabi Inc.
- Yum! Restaurants International (Canada)
For more, visit greatplacetowork.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: