The positive pledge
A few weeks ago, leadership coach Jon Gordon was having a tough week and acting negatively toward people and things. Instead of moping, he wrote something he calls the “positive pledge,” which he shares on his . He encourages people to go online (www.thepositivepledge.com) to adopt the pledge as their own and help make a positive impact on the world. It includes promises such as:
- I pledge to be a positive person and positive influence on my family, friends, co-workers and community.
- I promise to be positively contagious and share more smiles, laughter, encouragement and joy with those around me.
- I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity.
- When I am surrounded by pessimism I will choose optimism.
- When I experience a challenge I will look for opportunity to learn and grow.
- When faced with adversity I will find strength.
- When I experience a setback I will be resilient.
- When I meet failure I will fail forward toward future success.
- I believe my best days are ahead of me, not behind me.
- I believe I’m here for a reason and my purpose is greater than my challenges.
- I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it makes everyone around me better.
- Today and every day I will be positive and strive to make a positive impact on the world.
Follow us on Twitter: