Asset sales and sharp oil reserve writedowns mean that Canada’s oil sands occupy a much smaller share of what global companies count in their cache of recoverable crude.
A report from Calgary investment bank Peters & Co. Ltd. says recent high-profile resource sales combined with oil reserve “de-bookings” last year mean that oil sands assets now account for 4.7 billion barrels, or 10 per cent, of the corporate liquids reserve bookings for larger global companies.Report Typo/Error
- Total SA$51.610.00(0.00%)
- Statoil ASA$16.420.00(0.00%)
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC$54.070.00(0.00%)
- BP PLC$34.400.00(0.00%)
- Exxon Mobil Corp$81.260.00(0.00%)
- Marathon Oil Corp$14.880.00(0.00%)
- Devon Energy Corp$39.350.00(0.00%)
- CNOOC Ltd$160.500.00(0.00%)
- Updated April 11 9:30 AM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.