Samsung Canada has revealed its marketing plans around the Sochi Games.
As both a global marketing partner of the International Olympic Committee, as well as a Canadian Olympic Committee sponsor, the company will be using the Games primarily to promote its smartphone and tablet devices.
On Monday, Samsung revealed that its Canadian Olympic campaign slogan will be “Bring It Home,” and that it will include a website with updates on Canadians at the Games, and a contest to send Canadians to Sochi as “mobilers” who will cover the Games for Samsung. The company will also do a nationwide tour called “Notes from Home” that will invite people to use its Galaxy smartphones and tablets to send messages to athletes.
Monday’s announcement also included Samsung’s sponsorship of five Canadian athletes, who will act as “brand ambassadors”:
– Steven Stamkos, men’s ice hockey
– Hayley Wickenheiser, women’s ice hockey
– Greg Westlake, men’s ice sledge hockey
– Marie-Eve Drolet, women’s short track speed skating
– Michael Gilday, men’s short track speed skatingReport Typo/Error