ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
Sector rotations can be extremely frustrating for investors. Portfolios remain overweight in formerly winning sectors while the previously-ignored market sectors, where they have no positions, move higher. Many investors are drastically underperforming the S&P/TSX Composite’s 1.8 per cent year to date return without fully understanding why.Report Typo/Error
- S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index239.55-2.98(-1.23%)
- S&P/TSX ENERGY194.52-3.02(-1.53%)
- CAN INDUSTRIALS218.02+2.16(+1.00%)
- CAN CONS STPLS557.32+2.50(+0.45%)
- S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index283.22-4.46(-1.55%)
- CAN REAL ESTATE300.29+0.61(+0.20%)
- CAN TECH INDEX61.71-0.33(-0.53%)
- CAN HLTH CARE63.56-0.28(-0.44%)
- S&P/TSX UTILS249.61-0.20(-0.08%)
- Updated April 27 2:35 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.