ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
Sector rotations can be extremely frustrating for investors. Portfolios remain overweight in formerly winning sectors while the previously-ignored market sectors, where they have no positions, move higher. Many investors are drastically underperforming the S&P/TSX Composite’s 1.8 per cent year to date return without fully understanding why.Report Typo/Error
- S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index246.88+4.47(+1.84%)
- S&P/TSX ENERGY197.23-0.42(-0.21%)
- CAN INDUSTRIALS207.97+0.57(+0.27%)
- CAN CONS STPLS514.44-0.31(-0.06%)
- S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index292.23-0.18(-0.06%)
- CAN REAL ESTATE297.80+1.89(+0.64%)
- CAN TECH INDEX57.740.00(0.00%)
- CAN HLTH CARE73.83-0.89(-1.19%)
- S&P/TSX UTILS238.73+0.64(+0.27%)
- Updated February 28 12:07 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.