ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
Sector rotations can be extremely frustrating for investors. Portfolios remain overweight in formerly winning sectors while the previously-ignored market sectors, where they have no positions, move higher. Many investors are drastically underperforming the S&P/TSX Composite’s 1.8 per cent year to date return without fully understanding why.Report Typo/Error
- S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index235.99+1.96(+0.84%)
- S&P/TSX ENERGY224.02+2.97(+1.34%)
- CAN INDUSTRIALS204.70+1.44(+0.71%)
- CAN CONS STPLS514.30-2.26(-0.44%)
- CAN FINL NDX274.31+0.90(+0.33%)
- CAN REAL ESTATE276.99-1.07(-0.38%)
- CAN TECH INDEX55.08-0.18(-0.33%)
- CAN HLTH CARE69.03-0.96(-1.37%)
- S&P/TSX UTILS228.85+0.08(+0.03%)
- Updated December 5 12:49 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.