Every day ROB Insight delivers exclusive analysis on breaking business news and market-moving events. It is available only to subscribers of Globe Unlimited.
Gold miners are finally acknowledging they’ve put too much of a shine on their numbers in the past. Yamana Gold Inc. and Goldcorp. Inc. both recently said they’ll start disclosing more information about their true costs going forward. Others are expected to follow. The change is long overdue, but stops well short of telling the full story.Report Typo/Error
- Goldcorp Inc$17.11-0.28(-1.61%)
- Goldcorp Inc$22.48-0.28(-1.23%)
- Yamana Gold Inc$2.97-0.12(-3.98%)
- Yamana Gold Inc$3.91-0.14(-3.34%)
- Newmont Mining Corp$37.41+0.40(+1.08%)
- Barrick Gold Corp$20.12-0.05(-0.27%)
- Barrick Gold Corp$26.43+0.02(+0.08%)
- Kinross Gold Corp$5.04-0.02(-0.40%)
- Kinross Gold Corp$3.84-0.05(-1.16%)
- Updated February 21 3:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.