ROB Insight is a premium commentary product offering rapid analysis of business and economic news, corporate strategy and policy, published throughout the business day. Visit the ROB Insight homepage for analysis available only to subscribers.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to square the sharp drop in lumber prices with the ongoing surge in U.S. home-builder stocks. U.S. housing sector fundamentals remain encouraging but the odds of disappointment appear to be rising along with U.S. mortgage rates.Report Typo/Error
- Spdr S&P Homebuilders Etf$35.40+0.02(+0.06%)
- Lowe's Companies Inc$76.74+0.42(+0.55%)
- Williams-Sonoma Inc$48.05+0.30(+0.63%)
- Lennox International Inc$162.53-5.18(-3.09%)
- Toll Brothers Inc$31.49+0.06(+0.19%)
- Home Depot Inc$143.00+1.46(+1.03%)
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc$41.14+0.26(+0.64%)
- Tempur Sealy International Inc$48.34+0.40(+0.83%)
- Select Comfort Corp$22.87+0.34(+1.51%)
- Mohawk Industries Inc$221.55-0.23(-0.10%)
- Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc$57.06+0.06(+0.11%)
- Updated February 17 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.