The market for $1.8-million sports cars is booming. Thomas Piketty could have predicted that.
The superstar French economist rocketed to fame on the popularity of his new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, which asserts that capitalism has an inherent tendency toward inequality. His thesis instantly elicited howls of outrage from right-wing reviewers, who disliked his take on the free market’s supposed tendency to enrich plutocrats. The Wall Street Journal dismissed Prof. Piketty as a “utopian visionary.” According to Barron’s, he’s simply wrong – a pedlar of “unpersuasive theories.”Report Typo/Error
- Movado Group Inc$28.25-0.45(-1.57%)
- Coach Inc$36.23-0.05(-0.14%)
- Ralph Lauren Corp$105.72+1.35(+1.29%)
- Tiffany & Co$81.30-1.21(-1.47%)
- PVH Corp$102.45-5.54(-5.13%)
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd$46.20-0.03(-0.06%)
- VF Corp$55.79+0.02(+0.04%)
- Luxottica Group SpA$53.16+0.36(+0.68%)
- Updated December 2 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.