The market for $1.8-million sports cars is booming. Thomas Piketty could have predicted that.
The superstar French economist rocketed to fame on the popularity of his new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, which asserts that capitalism has an inherent tendency toward inequality. His thesis instantly elicited howls of outrage from right-wing reviewers, who disliked his take on the free market’s supposed tendency to enrich plutocrats. The Wall Street Journal dismissed Prof. Piketty as a “utopian visionary.” According to Barron’s, he’s simply wrong – a pedlar of “unpersuasive theories.”Report Typo/Error
- Movado Group Inc$23.95-0.15(-0.62%)
- Coach Inc$39.82+0.40(+1.01%)
- Ralph Lauren Corp$82.42+1.24(+1.53%)
- Tiffany & Co$92.37-0.73(-0.78%)
- PVH Corp$103.02-0.43(-0.42%)
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd$38.01-0.04(-0.11%)
- VF Corp$57.85+1.01(+1.78%)
- Luxottica Group SpA$58.29+0.29(+0.50%)
- Updated April 27 4:01 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.