The market for $1.8-million sports cars is booming. Thomas Piketty could have predicted that.
The superstar French economist rocketed to fame on the popularity of his new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, which asserts that capitalism has an inherent tendency toward inequality. His thesis instantly elicited howls of outrage from right-wing reviewers, who disliked his take on the free market’s supposed tendency to enrich plutocrats. The Wall Street Journal dismissed Prof. Piketty as a “utopian visionary.” According to Barron’s, he’s simply wrong – a pedlar of “unpersuasive theories.”Report Typo/Error
- Movado Group Inc$25.300.00(0.00%)
- Coach Inc$38.630.00(0.00%)
- Ralph Lauren Corp$78.110.00(0.00%)
- Tiffany & Co$88.300.00(0.00%)
- PVH Corp$91.390.00(0.00%)
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd$37.920.00(0.00%)
- VF Corp$53.500.00(0.00%)
- Luxottica Group SpA$51.970.00(0.00%)
- Updated February 22 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.