Want to put together a strong proposal to sore business from the upcoming Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games? Here’s some advice:
• Register on the website
• Read over the request for proposal well in advance of the deadline, so you have time to ask questions.
• Research the mission and values of the Games. If your company could qualify as “diverse” or embraces environmentalism, for instance, make this explicit in your application.
• Complete all sections of your application. If you don’t, you may be overlooked.
• Don’t undersell yourself. Make sure you know how much money you’ll need to make a profit (or just break even) before you commit to a price (or royalty percentage, in the event of a licensing deal).
• Don’t overestimate your scope. Ensure you can gather the manpower or other resources to properly fulfill the contract several years from now.
• If you’re a new company, be prepared to prove you’re viable and will be around in 2015. You may need to provide a solid client list and financials.
Follow us on Twitter: