Queen's University School of Business Professor John Pliniussen and e-marketing guru Mitch Joel outline five things advice websites should do if they want to succeed:
1. Promote the experts at the front end and display their photographs, with full details including backgrounds, qualifications, hometowns and areas of expertise.
2. Display user testimonials prominently.
3. Use video to provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, and allow for video conferencing between users and experts.
4. Provide connections to recommended service providers in user communities.
5. Take full advantage of search engine optimization.