There is a widely-held belief when it comes to bank earnings: investors should be wary of trading revenues, because they are wildly volatile.
The underlying premise is that it’s simply too hard to predict how markets will perform. The fears are then reinforced by blockbuster blunders that steal headlines, like JP Morgan’s $6-billion ‘London Whale’ trade.Report Typo/Error
- Bank of Montreal$101.41-0.07(-0.07%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$116.49-0.01(-0.01%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$99.09+0.41(+0.42%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$69.44+0.17(+0.25%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$81.82-0.17(-0.21%)
- National Bank of Canada$58.23-0.23(-0.39%)
- Updated February 17 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.