The verdict is in: we’ve jumped the shark.
At this point it barely matters that Black Friday started south of the U.S. border. Seemingly everybody in Canada wants to offer a deal, including Laurentian Bank of Canada.
The Quebec-based lender just announced details of a Black Friday sale on guaranteed investment certificates, offering Canadians elevated returns on these products. Anyone who invests in a Laurentian GIC this weekend can earn as much as 3.15 per cent if they lock the rate in for five years.Report Typo/Error
- Laurentian Bank of Canada$57.02+0.47(+0.83%)
- Canadian Western Bank$32.02+0.02(+0.06%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$65.70+0.53(+0.81%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$76.67+0.50(+0.66%)
- Bank of Montreal$95.54+0.52(+0.55%)
- National Bank of Canada$54.70+0.30(+0.55%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$68.57+0.77(+1.14%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$84.91+0.20(+0.24%)
- Updated December 9 11:20 AM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.