Amid a boom in Canadian equity issuance, mining is a big standout this year, providing a crucial shot in the arm for bank-owned and independent broker-dealers alike.
Overall equity issuance is up 24 per cent year over year in Canada to $40-billion, according to Bloomberg data. All of the major sectors have seen sizable increases. Energy is on top with $19.5-billion in financings. Notable transactions include Encana Corp.’s recent $1.3-billion marketed secondary offering, and Suncor Energy Inc.’s $2.9-billion bought deal, announced in June.Report Typo/Error
- Franco Nevada Corp$91.78-1.52(-1.63%)
- Silver Wheaton Corp$20.97-0.12(-0.57%)
- Silver Wheaton Corp$28.31-0.18(-0.63%)
- Suncor Energy Inc$30.69+0.38(+1.25%)
- Suncor Energy Inc$41.41+0.47(+1.15%)
- Encana Corp$14.61-0.03(-0.20%)
- Encana Corp$10.81-0.03(-0.28%)
- Franco Nevada Corp$67.95-1.13(-1.64%)
- Updated April 24 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.