The chief executive officers of Canada’s Big Six banks were paid a collective $55-million in 2015. Are they worth it?
There was a time when this oligopoly of banks could coast on steady economic activity, strong loan growth, fat interest margins and little outside competition.
Now, the banks face a new era, forcing CEOs to adapt. They are cutting costs to meet slowing revenue growth, shifting resources from traditional branch banking to mobile banking, hiring tech-savvy executives to meet the threat from tech-savvy competitors – all while keeping an eye on rising loan losses tied to the struggling energy sector.Report Typo/Error
- Bank of Montreal$89.000.00(0.00%)
- Bank of Montreal$67.010.00(0.00%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$87.730.00(0.00%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$66.070.00(0.00%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$74.370.00(0.00%)
- Bank of Nova Scotia$56.010.00(0.00%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$63.320.00(0.00%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$47.670.00(0.00%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$81.690.00(0.00%)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce$108.490.00(0.00%)
- Updated December 2 4:02 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.