In a normal market, the news that Aritzia Inc.’s initial public offering was boosted to $400-million because of strong institutional demand would be stellar news. “Risk on,” we’d say. The end of investor dithering.
But this is not a normal market and it hasn’t been for a long time. Despite scorching share prices in many sectors, which normally make investors more aggressive, would-be buyers are still showing their thirst for safe and stable yield.Report Typo/Error
- Encana Corp$16.030.00(0.00%)
- Encana Corp$12.180.00(0.00%)
- Crescent Point Energy Corp$16.310.00(0.00%)
- Crescent Point Energy Corp$12.410.00(0.00%)
- Capital Power Corp$25.800.00(0.00%)
- S&P/TSX REIT INDEX162.17+0.09(+0.06%)
- Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust$14.900.00(0.00%)
- First Capital Realty Inc$20.570.00(0.00%)
- Mainstreet Health Investments Inc$10.000.00(0.00%)
- Updated February 21 4:00 PM EST. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.