19. I'm about halfway through Joe Posnanski's "The Soul of Baseball; A Road Trip Through Buck O'Neil's America." And enjoying it. O'Neil, by all accounts, was one fantastic human being. Especially after all he'd been through. About the memories of his days playing in the Negro Leagues, he once said: "In our beautiful memory we were all handsome. We all could sing. We all had the heart of the prettiest girl in town. And we all hit .300." Amen.
20. Up next on the reading list: Dirk Hayhurst's "The Bullpen Gospels." I've heard and read great reviews. Can't wait.
21. It's the e-mails, Facebook messages, and Twitter replies I've been receiving that have really made #TBRTOAL that much more special so far. The love of baseball brings strangers together, and I think it's a beautiful thing.
22. Speaking of which, I'll be meeting a couple of die-hard Milwaukee Brewers fans on Monday. If the weather holds up, we'll likely partake in some tailgating, "... pretty much a religion at Wisconsin sporting events," according to my new friend Seth. I'm looking forward to it.
23. Major League Baseball's first postponed game of 2010 took place on April 23. It was the longest start to a season without a postponement in 25 years. I told you: the baseball Gods are on my side. Twelve ballparks out of 30 have been crossed off the list, and I've had to deal with one rain delay of an hour. I know what you're thinking: that can't possibly last.
24. I almost forgot to tell you about the great T-shirt I saw in Philadelphia on Friday at the Phillies game: "Choke: Official Soft Drink of the New York Mets."
25. Not baseball related, but the next time you're in New York, head to 53rd and 6th for some "Chicken and Rice." Go easy on the hot sauce.
26. I'll be at Minnesota's new Target Field Thursday night, to take in a Twins game. I already know I'm going to love the ballpark, love the experience, and come away thinking that if Minnesota can have an open air stadium, so too can Toronto.
27. I'm celebrating Cinqo de Mayo in the Mexican hotbed that is Minneapolis. It's the first time I'm in America on this auspicious day. I'm staying with another good friend of mine here who has just informed me that the drinking will commence at 3:30 pm. I can't imagine this ending well.
28. Vin Scully's tribute to Ernie Harwell during last night's LA Dodgers game was a thing of beauty. Check it out here.
Follow us on Twitter: