Gina Grain of British Columbia, the silver medal cyclist from the 2006 track world championships, will headline a six-woman team of international professional riders to be based in Canada, racing under the expresscopy.com banner.
Team expresscopy.com will be the only women's pro team licensed by the UCI (International Cycling Union) to be based in Canada. The team will race in more than 100 events, travelling to 12 countries.
"Our objective is to bring Canadian women's cycling to a broader audience," said team director Scott Gerrie. "In this undertaking, our team will be involved within the community to promote cycling and its healthy lifestyle."
In addition to its pro team, expresscopy.com will feature a development squad and travelling group of speakers targeting girls ages 13-17 to get them active.
Expresscopy is an international player in the printing and mailing industry. Medical research and products company Biovail will also be supporting the team.
Members of the elite pro squad:
- Gina Grain (Vancouver), Silver Medallist at the 2006 Track World Championships;
- Anne Samplonius (Montreal) national Criterium champion; silver medal in ITT World Championships;
- Jessica Phillips (United States) Former U.S. national champion;
- Meshy Holt (New Zealand) New Zealand national team member;
- Erinne Willock (Victoria) Canadian National Team Member;
- Audrey Lemieux (Alma, Que.,) Canadian National Team Member.
The development team:
- Joelle Numainville (Que.), Canadian National Development Team Member
- Stephanie Bourbeau (Que.), Quebec Time Trial Provincial Champion 2005 and 2006
- Jennifer Stephenson (Ont.), Silver medalist at the Aurora UCI cyclo cross 2006
- Amanda Shaw (Ont.), Ontario's Champion of cyclo cross 2004-2005
- Jennifer Magur, (United States) 2003 Bronze Medalist at the Empire State Games
- Alison Testroete (Alta.), Canadian National Development Team MemberReport Typo/Error