A couple more Canadian world junior players found new homes ahead of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's trade deadline.
Patrice Cormier and Jordan Caron were sent from Rimouski to Rouyn-Noranda in a blockbuster deal on Thursday. In return, the Oceanic receive centre Michael Beaudry, winger Alexandre Mallet, two first-round picks in 2010 and a first-and second-round pick in 2012.
Cormier was captain of the world junior team that won silver in Saskatoon earlier this week. Caron was also part of the squad.
They now join a Rouyn-Noranda team that made a couple other moves ahead of Thursday's noon deadline.
The Huskies also acquired defenceman Steven Delisle and a sixth-round pick from Gatineau for winger Ben Miller, a third-round pick in 2010 and second- and third-round selections in 2011; and winger Antoine Quevillon was obtained from Shawinigan for Jordan Durand and a sixth-round pick.
In other QMJHL trades Thursday:
- Cape Breton sent defenceman Eric Gelinas, a first-round pick in 2010 and a second-round pick in 2011 to Chicoutimi for winger Jacob Lagace.
- Moncton acquired centre Kelsey Tessier from Quebec for winger Matthew Brown and goalie Louis Domingue.
- Chicoutimi traded centre Matthew Bissonnette to Lewiston for first-, third- and fifth-round picks in 2010.
- The Maineiacs sent centre Alexander Beaton and a seventh-round pick in 2011 to Gatineau for a third-round selection in 2010.
- Acadie-Bathurst dealt winger Derek Famulare to P.E.I. for a seventh-round pick in 2010.
- The Titan also acquired centre Danny Chiasson from Rimouski for a 10th-round pick in 2011.
- P.E.I sent winger Bradley MacDonald to Halifax for centre Guillaume Pelletier.
- Rimouski sent centre Nicholas Samoluk to Quebec for a seventh-round pick in 2011.
- Val-d'Or flipped defenceman Dylan C. Capstick to the Rocket for a fourth-round pick in 2011.
- The Foreurs also acquired defencemen Mathieu Leduc and Youssef Kabbaj from Cape Breton for second- and fifth-round picks in 2010.
- Halifax acquired goaltender Peter Delmas from the Remparts for a sixth-round pick in 2011.
- Quebec sent defenceman Samuel Groulx to Victoriaville for winger Olivier Hinse, defenceman Patrick Dore and a second-round pick in 2012.
- Montreal sent winger Marc-Andre Levasseur to the Sagueneens for a third-round pick in 2010.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter: