The National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) and CBC's Hockey Night in Canada released of a poll of 318 players on a wide range of issues around the game on Sunday. Here are some of the results:
• The Edmonton Oilers finishes second (20 per cent) to the New York Islanders (27 per cent) in the category of "What team would you least like to play on?" Toronto finished fourth.
• When asked "Which Canadian city deserves an NHL franchise - Quebec City, Hamilton, Toronto or Winnipeg?" 53 per cent of players said Quebec City. Winnipeg got 25 per cent of the votes followed by a second Toronto team (16 per cent) and Hamilton (five per cent)
• Ninety-eight per cent of players said fighting should not be banned
• Toronto's Ron Wilson was voted the coach most players would not like to play for (24 per cent).
• Washington was named the most overrated team (35 per cent). Vancouver (12 per cent) and Montreal (11 per cent) followed.
• Nashville is considered the most underrated team (18 per cent). Dallas finished a close second (16 per cent).
• Sidney Crosby was voted the league's smartest player (29 per cent), beating out Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk (24 per cent).
• Rangers' Derek Boogaard easily won the toughest player award (23 per cent). Toronto's Colton Orr finished second (nine per cent)
Follow us on Twitter: