Go to the Globe and Mail homepage

Jump to main navigationJump to main content

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli sits on the pitch during their Champions League group D soccer match against Borussia Dortmund in Dortmund December 4, 2012 (INA FASSBENDER/REUTERS)
Manchester City's Mario Balotelli sits on the pitch during their Champions League group D soccer match against Borussia Dortmund in Dortmund December 4, 2012 (INA FASSBENDER/REUTERS)

Report: Manchester City’s Mancini and Balotelli in training-ground spat Add to ...

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini was involved in a training ground bust-up with volatile forward Mario Balotelli on Thursday, the Manchester Evening News reported.

Italian striker Balotelli provoked Mancini when he mistimed a tackle on midfielder Scott Sinclair and the pair tussled as coaches tried to separate them, the paper said on its website(www.menmedia.co.uk).

Balotelli, 22, left the training session hastily before driving away from the Carrington complex.

Balotelli last month accepted a club fine of 340,000 pounds ($553,700) for misdemeanours on and off the pitch and Mancini said he was ready to give him another chance.

Follow us on Twitter: @Globe_Sports

In the know

Most popular video »

Highlights

More from The Globe and Mail

Most Popular Stories